A dental implant is actually a prosthetic tooth root that is made out of titanium, and once it has been placed into the jaw, it can be used to support a variety of replacement teeth. Implants not only give the teeth an extremely sturdy base, but they also help prevent the bone loss that is so common after tooth loss. This is something other treatments cannot do.
In order to get dental implants, a patient will first need to undergo a minor surgery. Thanks to our years of experience, we can handle this portion of the procedure in-house, streamlining your implant process. And with modern techniques, most patients report feeling very little discomfort either during or after surgery. Once it is done, you will be given a few months to heal, after which you will return to our dentist to receive your brand-new teeth.
Benefits of Dental Implants
We love offering our patients a tooth loss solution that benefits their oral health and overall well-being in so many ways. The benefits of dental benefits with Dr. Gilbert Price include:
- Incredibly natural look, feel and function
- Total tooth replacement (i.e. both the crown and root), which prevents bone loss and maintains the facial structure
- A success rate of over 95% in non-smokers
- Does not affect healthy teeth like a dental bridge would
- Longevity — implants can last many decades
- Enables you to eat hard, tough or crunchy foods
Call 281-354-4241 and see about coming in for a dental implant in Porter, Texas.